Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Local food blogs

The Bee's "Taste" section this morning had an article about local food blogs. They mentioned one woman who writes a blog called "Everything Rachael Ray." According to the Bee, she literally never entered the fresh produce section of the grocery store, never ate broccoli, only had a tomato once, until seeing the ever-perky Rachael Ray on TV. Rachael changed her life. It was sort of an entertaining article.

I saw Julia's old friend Ariel Gore's book "The Traveling Death and Resurrection Show" on the New Books shelf at the library so I picked it up. It is interesting if a bit weird, about a young woman who has the ability to create stigmata in her own palms - just concentrates and the blood starts flowing - and joins a traveling circus-y sort of troupe to show it off. Then the LA Times writes a story about her and all hell breaks loose. (I just checked out her blog and she is apparently pregnant - interesting as I heard her on NPR say several years back, "I'll never have another baby from my body.")

3 Comments:

At 2:42 PM , Blogger Madeline said...

The reporter overstated it a bit (shocker, huh?). I went to the grocery store and into the produce section, I just never had any idea what I was doing. But it is true that I never had eaten broccoli or green beans before. So, I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

Ah, well thanks for posting Madeline!

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home