Monday, May 14, 2007

A's

We went to see the A's yesterday. Douglas and I had to leave by around the 5th inning since he was too bored, but I managed to grab a foul ball before we left, which was pretty cool. Dan and Owen in particular were thrilled. Owen got a hold of the ball and wouldn't let it go. It was hit by Indians right fielder Casey Blake. The A's won a very exciting game in the 9th inning - first hitting a 2 run homer to tie the game and then a 3 run homer to win. I have some pictures from the game which I need to upload.

On Saturday I ran in the Race for the Cure in Sacramento. It was a mad scene! My race number was 24,014 if that gives an idea of how many people there were. Most of those were not running; there was a 5k run, a 5k walk and a 1 mile walk. I managed to finish in ... about 15 minutes longer than it took me to run a 5k in high school. Ugh. That afternoon was beautiful and we spent it at the park.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 AM , Blogger Julia said...

wow! did it hurt to catch?

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Katherine said...

I didn't actually catch it. It bounced a few seats away, then rolled under the seats behind us and I grabbed it.

The boys usually bring gloves just in case that never end up getting used, but we forgot to this time; but got a ball anyway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home