Thursday, May 10, 2007

Badminton season opens

I managed to get the badminton net up in the back yard yesterday afternoon so Owen and I played a bit. Douglas decided to get his underwear on to play after coming out onto the deck wearing nothing but a fireman's hat. Owen suggested that might not be a good costume for a firefighter as he would get burned.

Poor Dan got home at 2:30 am last night. Too much work. Hopefully things should be a little better in the coming week.

This Saturday I am running in the Komen Breast Cancer Foundation's Race for the Cure in Sacramento. It'll be my first 5k since high school, probably. I went to pick up my number and t-shirt yesterday. The race map looks like we are just going to run around the Cal Expo parking lot, which doesn't seem very thrilling. Several years ago Dan and I participated in a walk for something (I forget what) that was in a very pretty neighborhood of Sacramento, including the CSUS campus. No doubt this will be much less appealing. It starts at 7:45 am on Saturday so I'll need to be out of the house by 7 at the latest to get there and park and get ready.

One of our neighbors on our street has a 21 year old daughter who lives there on and off with her boyfriend. This boyfriend is somewhat preferable to the previous boyfriend, who was openly dealing drugs out of the house, but they do have a pit bull, which is not thrilling. Neither of them works, they just lie around all day and sponge off her mother. She did have a friend who was apparently hooking out of the house while the mother was at work, but I haven't seen her in a while. It seems that all their friends have disappeared. This week we found out they are expecting a baby in early September. The only potential upside is that maybe they'll get rid of the pit before the baby comes. I feel sorry for the baby, who I can imagine already is not going to have the best life.

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at the run!
--Alisa

 
At 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the run tomorrow! My oldest 2 kiddos and I are doing SLC's Race for the Cure tomorrow as well. (although we're just doing the 1 mile walk - next year the 5K!)

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home