Monday, February 11, 2008

Growing pains? ... and baseball

Douglas woke up at 11 pm with severe pain in his right leg, along the shin. He was screaming and crying and saying "My leg hurts so bad!" Poor guy. I rubbed it and Dan gave him some Tylenol and he gradually calmed down. It seems fine this morning. I called the advice nurse and she thinks it is probably growing pains, but scheduled an appointment with our pediatrician for early March (the next time he is available). If things continue we are supposed to call back for an appointment in urgent care.

On Friday evening I got a phone call from a AA coach saying Owen was going to be on his team. He was very nice but the team was on the other side of town, with all kids he didn't know, so I was less than thrilled. Then Saturday I got another call from a different coach saying Owen would be on his team instead. I talked to that coach and he said he really wanted a team of North Davis kids and we're more east/central so he said he would try to get Owen on still a third team. I ended up calling the mother of a boy in Owen's class who is playing baseball, and she said he was on a neighborhood team but had just dropped out, so she thought there would be space on the team. I called that coach and it sounds like it will be all right for Owen to be on that team. They are the Giants and they will be practicing at the junior high that is only 3 blocks from us, so that would be really convenient. The final emails of approval I think have yet to go through, but it sounds like it will happen. The team meeting is tonight, so we should hopefully find out for sure very soon.

Owen had two birthday parties to go to this weekend - lots of cake and friends. Everyone he knows apparently was born in early February. There's another one on Wednesday. Today is a school holiday as well as a state one, but not a university one, so Dan is at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home