Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The youth vote

Yesterday at school pickup I walked into Owen's classroom with my "I voted" sticker on. Owen was sitting there eating some popcorn with his friend Max. Max asked who I voted for and I told him Barack Obama (which Owen said his classmates think is named Baracko Bama). Max said, "Aw, man, my mom voted for Hillary Clinton. I wanted her to vote for Barack Obama. He's cool!"

According to our small sample, Obama's got the youth vote. Unfortunately at age 8 he couldn't actually cast a ballot.

Tonight we are having 2 Chapel Hill-related families over to watch the Dook game at 6:00. Should be fun. One family has a child who is a friend of Douglas's and one is a classmate and friend of Owen's, so they will both be entertained if not by the TV.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger Liz said...

See, that's the problem with the youth vote, they don't actually turn up and vote!

Very cute story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home