Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pen pals

The 13 second graders in Owen's class are going to begin exchanging letters with a class of 13 second graders in Berrien, Georgia. Here is their school's website. After getting the idea through a book I was reading to the kids, I suggested it to the teacher and she was interested so I looked around online and found this class which was the same size so emailed with the teacher and as of today it is all ready to go. Should be fun for them. Owen is partnered with a boy named Jeffrey. That's all we know so far.

Dan got back from Long Beach last night after the end of Owen's baseball game. It did not rain so the game went on and they won 6-0. He got two runs and two RBIs. Did not get a chance to pitch yesterday but maybe at the game on Saturday he will.

The kids and I put up some Halloween decorations earlier in the week. While I was putting them up I could hear Douglas on the floor drawing, pretending to write, saying "Dear Tobin, I hope you feel better soon." He was attempting to make a get well card for his friend who was out with a cough. So I helped Douglas make a real get well card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home