Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Oops

Well, we had an exciting afternoon. On Monday I called one of Owen's classmates' mother for a play date with him. I knew his parents were divorced but I wasn't sure which one to call so I just called the mother (both were listed on the class contact sheet). He goes to after-school care so I never see either parent at pickup time. She said Wednesday afternoon would be fine, so I planned to pick him up this afternoon and she said she would come over in the late afternoon to get him.

We were about to leave for the park when I got a phone call from the teacher asking whether the classmate was here. I said yes. She said that the police were at the school thinking he had been kidnapped. Apparently the dad has full custody and the mom should never have told me I could take him home.

The dad then called and subsequently came over. He was very nice about it but told me his ex-wife was 'unstable' and that the judge had given him full custody. Apparently the mom just sees him a couple of days a week. He said he had talked to the mom yesterday and she never mentioned anything about this play date.

Oops. Well, he said it wasn't my fault and that we could plan another get together for another time.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM , Blogger Pete Bilderback said...

Katherine, I never pegged you for a kidnapper. What a horribly situation.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Katherine said...

Yes, luckily everyone was very nice about it...!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home