Monday, July 09, 2007

Well, that was weird.

On Saturday evening I looked out the back window and noticed that Violet was sitting at the bottom of the badminton pole, looking up.

Then I noticed there was a gray thing sitting on top of the pole.

It was a rat. Violet somehow managed to chase it up the five-foot tall pole and tree it up there. Of course once it was there she couldn't get to it, so it was just sitting up there clinging to the pole.

I took a pic which I'll have to upload.

Later that night we noticed that the pole was knocked over, so I don't know whether she tried to run up it and knocked it down, if the wind blew it over, an owl swooped down to grab the rat and knocked it down or what. Nor do we have any idea what happened to the rat. I hope I'm not going to find a half-chewed rat in the back yard.

Yesterday we went to Berkeley/Oakland. Dan and Owen went and saw the A's lose to the Mariners. Douglas, Mom and I went shopping and got some really nice outdoor chairs at REI.

Next Sunday is Owen's birthday party in Alameda at the beach! Should be fun.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Go, Violet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home