Monday, March 12, 2007

Garden

Owen was feeling sick again yesterday. This is a mysterious illness that seems to come and go. I've heard the same thing from a couple of other people whose kids had it, so I guess it's to be expected. Anyway, he mostly lay low yesterday. Today he seems better, but we'll see.

He and Douglas both helped me in the garden yesterday. I bought a whole bunch of plants at Ace and planted them. I was mainly trying to fill up some shady space under the hackberry, but it's hard to find plants that do well in shade and still look all right. Hopefully the ones we put in are going to do okay.

I think my favorite word of Douglas's right now involves the ankylosaurus, which he says had a "booma-wacka tail."

The school board will talk about the school closure issue on Thursday. This process sure is dragging out. Even if they decide to close it, it will probably be fall of '08 before it happens - and there is a board election this November that could actually turn on the decision (rumors are flying that a prominent opponent of closure will run for a seat). If that happens and he wins, discussion on closure could be revisited if they have decided to close it. Tedious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home